Tuesday, June 27, 2006

AN ANNOUNCMENT

On July 9th 2014 it will be my 50th birthday.

No I'm not giving you advance notice to buy me a present. But if you are so inclined......

No I am formally announcing my intention of retiring at this date. The idea of getting up and coming to work until I'm 66 (I'm caught by Mr G Brown upping the retirement age, gee thanks) does not fill me with a great sense of aniticipation. I reckon 50 years of doing what other people tell me is fair enough. Mr Brown is not making things easy for me already I can't claim by previous employers pension at 50 but at 55. BUT that meams I won't lost as much of it (reduced by only 20% not 40%).

Of course I need to be working for another 8 years but if I can somehow manage that I reckon that there's a good chance I'll be off!!

The plan means I won't be staying in Essex but will move slightly further North to where property prices are cheaper. And I'll be downsizing as well. I ought to mention that North means, Cambridgeshire, South Lincolnshire and Norfolk.

So there you go I've said it I want out of the rat race and I want out by 50. I want to be the Youngest Pensioner (sorry Kaz). Wish me luck

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't even imagine what it's like to actually start thinking about quitting work. I can hardly imagine what it's like to start thinking about beginning to work :D

I wonder what I'll do.. hopefully I'll be an illustrator/artist and can work from home a lot, and do that more when I'm old... oh wouldn't that be a dream. Me, my grankids sometimes, a dog and some kitties and a garden :D

Eagleseagles said...

Retirement...ah yes...early is good!!

(More time for all sorts of things...like birding....visiting Churches...learning about Butterflies and Dragonflies....volunteering going on a few days away at the drop of a hat...well not exactly but.......

C

The Quacks of Life said...

c - and flowers

nathalie - I may moan about my job but its allowed me a lifestyle I quite approve of.

try and do something you enjoy. if you can't do that one that pays loads of dosh and doesn't interfere with your personal life

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.