Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Well I am back

My friend Min phoned last night (I know how much she likes to be mentioned - LOL) and reckoned within 2 hours I'd be stressed. O Ye of little faith. Took about 60 minutes. To be fair its not been that bad.

I decided against watching the end of the snooker last night - thank god. It was a bit like watching paint dry. God knows what would have time they would have finished if it had gone the full 35 frames.

Also on a sporting theme the world has ended Wayne Rooney has broken his metatarsal and a nation weeps. Well allegedly. I have to admit I find our national mood swings amazing. One moment we have the best crop of players we've had since boudicea gave the Romans a bloody nose the next we are a bunch of also rans. We won't win the world cup and we wouldn't if the "Roonster" was playing.

I'm not a big footy fan. Honest. I will of course be hoping West Ham concentrate on the cup final and allow Spurs to beat them in the league and I will praying that Ronaldhino plays like Pele and Maradona combined and sticks loads past Arsenal BUT who do I cheer on in the cup final?

My natural inclination is to support anyone but West Ham. My Dad supports the Happy Hammers as does Jan and half the office BUT they are playing the Blonde Ones beloved Liverpool and I'm seeing her the next day. Oh decisions decisions. To be honest I gave up on the FA cup after Hilsborough when people suggested handing "the 'pool" the cup by default.

You have to feel for councillors up for election this week. Core supporters are miffed over Iraq and the drift to the right and just to make things easiers Patrica Hewitt, Charles Clarke and John Prescott (I burst out laughing at that) did their bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Come on the 'pool"

I'll be wearing my Liverpool Scarf at Grindleford, so you can recognise me!

nicola said...

Oh no world cup!!! Eastenders will all be on odd times, I hate it when that happens

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.