Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tuesday 16th May

The views from the Snakeshead pass are superb, pity about the local drivers - mad sods.

Anyway bombing up the M61 to Leighton Moss when I see a sign for Martin Mere. Ooh Black Winged Stilts! From the Ron Barker hide two of them and they have nested!! Finger crossed. Later another one from the united utilities Hide. Nice reserve although £6 is steep. Welney is only £3.50, must be the collection which I bypassed.



The Harrier hide.












So lunch? I had two choices but chose Sizergh Castle. A couple of years ago I had seen Spotted Flycatcher. Guess what, still there. Saw quite a few. For a typical LBJ they are quite attractive.







The castle is a 13th century core with many tudor additions. The garden is small but attractive and I enjoyed it more than on my previous visit.

And finally Conniston Water, seen on my way to my hotel.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.