Friday, May 05, 2006

A sunny Friday in May

Woke up at 5 this morning. Did a quick scan of the election results to see how hey affected me (No comments I'm keeping work out of this blog!) and if Corinna had got back in - no, sorry C move to Norfolk!!

Took the car in at 8 for a service, as it was the first and would only take an hour I sat and read a bit of Stephen King's - The Gunslinger. Finished Arms of Nemesis by Steven Saylor last night *** good 'tec novel set in Ancient Rome.

The car was ready at 9:10 so I popped into Bishops Stortford and Ottakars had 5 books I was looking for! Then onto Hatfield Forest. The birds were being awkward ruddy Whitethroats were playing hard to get. Only could positively id Common, will have to check the calls in a minute. Still the weather was gorgeous and listening to the song was nice. On the lakes were down to Mallards amongst the ducks, but 4 Great Crested Grebes were present. I'll be looking about for grebelets soon. Sat by the lake with a cup of tea watching the world go by.

On to Aubrey Buxton Nature reserve.

The reserve is quite small and alot of the ponds illustrated have dried up. I didn't expect to see any rarities just went for a stroll.













Some attractive trees about.



















The reserve is a mix of grassland and trees. Lots of Tits and Finches about and Willow Warblers singing.











One of the ponds still with water. Nice to see a pair of Moorhens.











Lots of these about very pretty.














Anyway a nice stroll and then came home for my doctors appointment(practice nurse). I hate doctors appointment. I get the feeling they are sizing you up for your coffin. Arrived 10 minutes early and expected to make progress on the book but only read 4 pages before being called!! And got out unscathed. So that's that done for 18 months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did a quick scan of the election results to see how hey affected me (No comments I'm keeping work out of this blog!) and if Corinna had got back in - no, sorry C move to Norfolk!!

I will consider this!!
had a rant in my blog today!!
C

Unknown said...

Lovely pics, thanks for posting them :-)

I know what you mean about doctors LOL Mine has a habit of saying 'hmm' a lot, which I find very disconcerting.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.