Sunday, May 21, 2006

Saturday 20th May

I can be a funny bloke. It chucked it all morning and I wasted it. I meant to track down some churches but they were mostly locked and then I lost my enthusiasm and wasn't prepared to find a parking space.

So I wasted 1/2 a mornings holiday mutter mutter still at 1pm I arrived at Townend a small National Trust Yeoman's house built in the 1620's by the Browne family. Townend gets *** by Jenkins, its one of those "important" small houses. ***? interesting it maybe but I think not. Nice example of domestic rather than grand interior. But all credit to the National Trust that it is open.



I then stopped just outside Ambleside at a picturesque spot for a walk.



I discovered I had been driving past a church (Bathay) and hadn't noticed. Not on my list but I'm not just a lister! The church is 19th century and unlike most churches of that period its architecture is of an Italian bent.



The view from the churchyard.



I could have joined the throngs paying homage to St Beatrix Potter at Hill Top but went for a stroll around Hawkshead

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.