Thursday, March 30, 2006

Things

Well we're on strike again 25th April I believe as I'm down South. Bit handy since I'm off that week anyway!! Of course they could cancel my leave for that day but unlikely to happen given its the time they owe for being in to get the bills out! Bit of a result.

When I read the honesty in Nicola's blog I come over all annoyed that I can't be so open. But I can't and won't. My personal personal life is staying out of this blog. Well the past is! I'm keeping schtum about first loves and the like.

I'm now itching to get out with the camera, of course my initial efforts will be awful and I'll be depressed.

Not sure when first efforts will be since I'm working Saturday. If all goes well we'' have finished Saturday so I'll be able to sneak over the Forest Sunday and take a few pics and some more at Rye Meads.

I haven't mentioned that the camera is a Canon Powershot A620. Many thanks to Diane for help and advice. God knows if I made the right choice. I get the feeling that I could have bought a similar model from Nikon, Sony or Casio that would have been just as good. That said it feels nice and the reviews are excellent. Seemed the most practical choice possible to add a teleconverter and has a swivel screen. I decided against something slim and sexy for something bulkier - bit like me really. I must be an optics snob as I never considered Casio! Thought they made calculators and watches! But the reviews for Casio are very good. I suppose its like birders who regard Nikon as somehow inferior to Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski.

The blonde one is not only computerless at home but lost internet at work. Poor Blondie. Still hopefully back online at home tomorrow.

2 comments:

nicola said...

I wouldnt worry about it Pete, if you want to tell us then you will..after all its your blog mate!!

Plus im keeping most of my past out of mine, but find it quite theraputic once I get going thats when I find it hard to stop.

DH59 said...

Well, I won't be giving too many secrets away either.

I hope you're liking the camera. I'm always a bit nervous when I've given someone a recommendation for something. I worry a lot, if you hadn't noticed.

As you say, though, any of the current models from the other manufacturers would have done the job as well, just different controls and features.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.