Wednesday, March 08, 2006

There's an annoying trend

I am getting old and reactionary, I know this.

Occasionally you listen to the radio and somebody will be waffling on about how holidaying in the UK is a nightmare. Why is it a nightmare? Because their little darling children are not made welcome in some hotels, pubs or restaurants.

Now please accept I don't have children. These little darlings who yap around your feet hold no place in my affections. Don't me wrong, I don't expect the little angels to be seen and not heard, but when I'm on holiday, I expect to be able to eat my dinner and read my book with out some brat running around all over the place or crying all the time. Is that too much to ask?

It really does wind me up when sitting in a restaurant to have some child running all over the place.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I brought up three children, and never once were they allowed to run around restaurants or cause mayhem in supermarkets. It is down to the parents to use their judgement whether it is wise to take their children to a restaurant!

I avoided any place where I thought it might be inconsiderate to take my children, both for my comfort and that of others. As soon as I deemed them capable of behaving in public they were allowed to accompany us. However, they were usually the only children behaving themselves.

I agree with you on this one Pete, restaurants are for polite conversation and enjoyment of a well cooked and served meal.

Anonymous said...

Right I'm bringing my kids round - you can get some practice in looking after them, then you'll appreciate how hard it flippin' is, you ol' mis'ry guts!!

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi Robert

I have no problem with kids per se.

For example Dawn brought her kids along to a birding meet and they were wonderfully behaved and keen.

What gets me is the ones who run around resaurants and stuff everyone else. I blame the parents.

Hey Robert, are you Robert P or Robert L or some other Robert!!

Anonymous said...

The parents are really to blame, no one else is and certainly not the kids themselves. But being a parent is a full-time job and you sometimes run out of steam. Then again some parents really are lacking in some fields... As for me I must admit I do envy your freedom at times. But not always! Do you personally feel lonely yourself at times?

The Quacks of Life said...

lonely moi? no not at all only child so I suppose used to own company.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.