Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm in camera mode again

Yes folks once again I'm looking at a camera - lets all raise eyebrows to the sky.

I just cannot make my mind up. I look at them thinking well do I want that ? and why has that got that and that not got that and ......................

still I think I want something to record my memories and to stick something on here. And I'm sure when I go on holiday Nic will be asking for pictures.

So.... I've ruled out DSLR and I guess a quality Digi-cam like the NIkon CP8800

The Nikon S4 looks cool and the 10x zoom looks handy but will I keep it steady for the 10x to be useful? Looks cool though.

Do I want an 8 mega pixel camera? When I guess stuff like the The Sony Cyber-shot P200 or Nikon 7900 which is now discontinued I believe.

Or do I go for an ultra compact like the Sony Cyber-shot T5 or Nikon equivalent that has not been discontinued like the S3.

Or do I snaffle a CP4500 (or other compatible coolpix) and stuff a nikon digiscoping 16x lens on my ED50 and.......

I was sort of kidding about the last bit!

I think I want something compact and that is point and shoot because at heart I'm a birder not a photographer!

But what I want? God only knows.

Update
that nice twitchi-birder suggested the canon a620 and the sd550(digital ixus 750)

i suspect any of them will do what i want.

excuse me whilst i toss a coin.

4 comments:

nicola said...

Oh and there are just so many choices!! What helped me decide was going along to the shop and I was able to take some pics so I could try out size and weight. Then was able to download them too.

Ah yes lots of pics when you are on holiday please~!

The Quacks of Life said...

i can't be bothered since i want a decent point and shoot and suspect any of them will do that.

and i know i'm being hypocritical since if it was bins and a scope i'd say try it.

Anonymous said...

Have you considered the newly out Ricoh Caplio R4 (7x optical zoom compact digital with steadying software)?

Peter from the BB Forum

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks for that Peter. Think my mind made up BUT will have a look.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.