Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Not my fave time of the year

I hate this time of year. Why? well its year-end. I wish my life away so I can go birding and even more so so I can get to April and go on holiday.

And I'm not going to Trinidad & Tobago. SOB!

Anyway who am I? Just this bloke who enjoys birding - oh it keeps me sane you know. I can remember being in a vile mood and then picked up my bins looked at the first Chiffchaff of spring and all was right with the world.

The yearlist is 136 and if I get anywhere near last years 226 it a be a miracle. Pete's stated target to Dave is 170-180. Privately I want 200!! Lists ? nah nothing to do with me mate!!

When I was young I was a BIG SF fan nowadays I'm into mysteries. From time to time I'll mention the book I'm reading .

For instance I've just finished Fiona McIntosh's "Bridge of Souls". Pretty generic fantasy. Bloke and beautiful princess overcome trials and tribulations to get it on. Ok it was alright but original it was not.

And whilst I'm at it I've finished Colin Dexter's "Last Seen Wearing". Its hard to read Morse without seeing John Thaw. The thing is that the books are different. Probably the first crime/'tec show where the TV is perhaps as good as the book. Anyway the book passed a few days at a fair old rate.

Currently reading RD Wingfield's Hard Frost and that is NOTHING like the TV series!! Funnier and darker!!

I am also an avid viewer of Churches and old buildings. So expect the odd thought or two on those.

You're still reading this crap?

Suppose I had better do some work hadn't i?

1 comment:

Cherrypie said...

Oh my word! Talk about serendipity. I was just going back through some of your archives ( it's lovely when the blogs are so new so you don't have masses of stuff) and I just saw your other interests. Take a look at Seanyc's blog from my link. He's always going on about churches.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.